Nutty Blonde

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Why Jesus wants our child-like faith

It hit me as I was driving home from a Speech Tournament last Saturday Night with my 9-year old, her best friend; Samantha and her mom why Jesus requested that we have child-like faith in Him.
Susan asked, "Girls, when the judges were calling out 6th place, 5th place, 4th place and 3rd place, were you getting nervous that you hadn't won?"
"No," my daughter quipped, "I knew we would be either first or second. Our team did such a good job."
Through my daughter's glass-half-full perspective I rememebered: children really DO believe anything is possible. As we grow older and wiser, we see the Dillard's Santa's beard fall off and something within us dies.

That is why God gave me children; to once more see life from the perspective of what COULD BE
and be reminded of His crazy, non-sensical love which makes the impossible possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home